Thursday 10 February 2011

Serums: Yay or nay?

Hello bloggers
Hope you have had a super dooper week.

So talking to you today about serums.
Now recently serums have made a big come back in the beauty world.

The main reason for this, is that anti aging is big business and some serums claim to help stop the anti aging process.
Now no miracle cream or serum can stop aging but what serums can do is help treat underlying skin problems such as redness, dryness or even sun spots.

Now moisturizers can of course help with dry skin but what's the difference?

Serums tend penetrate the first layer of skin called the epidermis, where as moisturizers tend to sit on the skin helping to protect the face.
That's why a moisturizer with a SPF is vital.
Serums though work on a more deeper level. Easing skin problems from deep in the skin's core.

I have been personally using serums now for the last six months as part of my night time routine and I have to say my skin looks fresher. I use less moisturizer in the day and it doesn't take hardly anytime to apply. Result.

Now there are many serums on the market but the two I recommend are:
Lush's Full of grace serum bar.
This little pink bar melts on skin contact. So you only need a small amount, meaning this bar will last you months.
Great for people with dry or sensitive skin. (But I have oily skin and love it)
Contains murumuru butter to hydrate, rose oil to help tone and calm skin and my favourite ingredient portobello mushrooms which contains anti-oxidants and lots of vitamins. To make skin look great and protect it from free radicals.
Plus in recession times. It's under £8. Even more of a bargain.

The other serum I recommend is a little more expensive but does work a treat, is the Lancome skin defence serum.
This one I will admit didn't moisturize my face as much as the Lush serum bar but it did leave my skin feeling really soft and I felt that the fine lines around my eyes, looked more filled and anything that helps with fine lines has to be a winner.
The problem with Lancome is that it is very expensive.
A treat: definitely. A must have: Only if you have Simon Cowell's bank balance.

There are plenty of other serums on the market, which do a great job.
The best seller though is boots protect and perfect serum which at under £20 is a little bit better on the wallet and scientists have proved that it does work on reducing sun damage skin.
Plus is this beautiful little products sells an average 13 bottles every minute.
Surely that many customers can't be wrong.

Hopefully you will be seeing more serums on the market and even in the media.
So keep your eye out and maybe try to incorporate serums into your skincare routine.

Any questions just ask on twitter at @getyourglitter or leave me a comment on here.
I would love to know your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment