Thursday 28 July 2011

GlossyBox nail varnishes. O.P.I and Ciate.

So in June and July's Glossybox I received some nail varnishes.
In July's box I got Ciate in Kitten Heels and in June's box I got O.P.I in Coronation.


Now the Ciate is full size and the O.P.I was a mini.
Now I have never used Ciate before but I was very impressed.
I am not normally a red nail varnish kind of girl but what I liked about Ciate was the coverage.
Two coats was all I needed and it dried quickly too.

Plus it had a flat, wide brush which made applying Ciate a doddle.

The kitten heels shade also had a gold shimmer running through it, which for me made the colour more likeable.

Now I have used O.P.I for years and love the brand. So I was very excited to get a glitter nail varnish. YAY GLITTER.
Now Coronation on it's own is very beautiful, but because the silver base is not very transparent it just doesn't work over other nail varnish.
This is a huge shame because it had some many gorgeous types of glitter in. Something you don't get to see very often in glitter nail varnish.
However. It's coverage was great and it looks fantastic even on it's own.


This is what the varnishes looked like on my nails.
O.P.I on my index.
Ciate on my middle and both on my ring finger.
(Sorry about my stubs. I have had a few nail breakages recently.)

I definitely think that I will be purchasing some new Ciate nail varnishes in the near future.
Not only is the brand good but did you see the cute little bow on the bottle. Divine. :)
But with O.P.I I may just stick with the more jazzy colours.

You can get O.P.I from www.opi.com/ and you can get Ciate from www.ciate.co.uk/



No comments:

Post a Comment